Questions about the training or registration? Please contact the Colorado School Safety Resource Center at (303) 239-4435.
Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 8:00-3:30
2300 Mt. Werner Circle, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487
Thursday, September 12, 2013, 8:00-3:30
526 Pine Street, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
Pre-registration is required (see below).
Check-in for those
registered begins at 7:30 a.m. Continental breakfast provided.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
administrators, teachers, PBIS teams,
school safety teams, school mental health professionals
• Overview of bullying prevention legislation
• Positive school climate and the link to academic achievement
• Measuring school climate
• Best practices in bullying prevention
• On-the-spot interventions and curriculum ideas
• Preventing bullying based on race/ethnicity, sexual orientation,
disability or gender expression
SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER:
Dorothy L. Espelage, Ph.D.
Dr. Espelage is a Professor of Child Development and Associate
Chair in the Department of Educational Psychology at the
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. She has conducted
research on bullying for the last sixteen years and has authored
over 70 professional publications. She is co-editor of “Handbook of
Bullying in Schools: An International Perspective” (Routledge, 2010).
Her research focuses on translating empirical findings into
prevention and intervention programming.
For more information, visit www.Colorado.gov/CSSRC
How to Register for this Event on the CO Train System
There are 2 steps required in this registration process: (1) creating your learner’s account, and (2) registering for
the conference. This process will take approximately 5-10 minutes. You will need
to register with the CO Train System.
1. Please go to
2. Click “Create Account” button if you are a
. If you are a returning user, proceed to step 6.
3. One the following page, read the TRAIN policies and agree to these policies before clicking “Next.”
4. Fill out all necessary information on each of the subsequent pages. Click “Next” to continue.
5. Once your Learner’s account is set up, click “Continue” to register for the conference.
6. Search for this institute by
Course ID: 1045326.
7. Click on the title of the course,
8. Click the Registration tab.
9. Select the